OBJECTIVES OF THE ROSE LAND CARE ASSOCIATION
As a Community Land Trust, the ROSE land care association is primarily concerned with preserving land from development and speculation. As an agricultural land trust, it is specifically dedicated to:
preserving agricultural land and protecting it from development.
Additional objectives are:
- To promote and practice organic agriculture;
- To foster the knowledge and practice of biodynamic agriculture;
- To practice sound principles of conservation;
- To bring rural and urban communities together and enhance their mutual understanding;
- To provide opportunities for young farmers to embark on a career in organic agriculture;
- To provide opportunities for young people to experience life and work on a farm;
- To develop educational activities for both children and adults in order to enhance their understanding of sustainable farming, of sustainable ecological practices, and of life on a farm;
- To share knowledge and experience with others who are interested in forming agricultural land trusts;
- To educate the public about sustainable agriculture, environmentally sound practices, and practical ways of showing respect for the earth and its life forms;
- To serve as a centre and focus for social and therapeutic activities;
- To foster a cooperative way of working;
- To learn to make decisions through a process of consensus-building;
- To raise funds to secure the land and buildings and to promote the land trust’s objectives.
To learn more about our history, click here.